We've polished it all up, and did two run throughs. One for ourselves, and the dress rehearsal for our fellow students. We have added in a bit with a few of us saying I love you in different languages, or in my case sign language. We have also decided it would be effective to use tape and put it on our mouths when doing the physical theatre. The dance cards have been made and look lovely. They will be hung on a line for the audience to see whilst Alice is saying her bit about dance cards. We also sorted out a lovely ending, after we do the sign language and everyone has joined in, we try to speak through the tape, making the sound muffled. I then rip the tape off and say tell me how you feel. Rachel rips hers off and says I don't know how. We then go into a final recital of our poem lines, Sarah has put us in an order. At the end, we do the bit where we try and talk but can't, and Gavin finally bursts out with 'I love you.' Then other people said it, and then finally we all said I love you together and the lights went out. I think it was a really moving ending, because it was built up throughout the piece, and finally we managed to say it.
I feel the performances went well. I was expecting there to be much less laughter and engagement from the audience in the evening show as our fellow students would understand what we were trying to do. I was right, but the difference wasn't as great as I was expecting. In fact the audience seemed to be quite moved and focused. This is a sign that the piece was successful. I really enjoyed performing in it. After watching Will's group I did worry that ours wasn't experimental enough, but it really was. Experimental can be anything. I felt so moved by it that I cried during the physical theatre piece, because I got so into it. I think it could have been neater in places, but in the end it was all really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment